Monday, October 13, 2008

True Blood??

Has anyone else started watching "True Blood" on HBO? It's on Sunday nights, at the same time as "Dexter" on Showtime, but it replays at 11:30, so anyone with a DVR can rest easy.

I have to say, this show is no "Buffy" so please don't look for it to be a replacement to that classic. I am really starting to like it though. It's got an interesting take on the Vampire saga, and I feel like there may be a little bit of a Werewolf storyline brewing.

The characters are developing quite a bit by this point, I was a little worried at the outset that they'd be somewhat one-dimensional, but showly it's getting it's hooks into me. I really don't want to say too much for those of you who may watch it, but check it out, and stick through the first few episodes, it is getting better and better.

4 comments:

Roe said...

I'm getting there... just working my way through the DVR clutter...

Nancy Wetmore-Mathews said...

I'm enjoying it so far. The books it is based on have a rich universe and I like the way they are weaving that into the fabric of the show even though it only covers the first book. It will make it easier for them to go in their own direction for season 2.

Roe said...

Cool, sounds kind of like what was done with Dexter. I didn't read the books, so maybe I should check them out.

Unknown said...

Yes! I have. I can't believe how hooked I've gotten.