Thursday, October 16, 2008

Seriously, is this Madame Tussaud's?

The new cover of Entertainment Weekly just hit the Internet today, featuring Zachary Quinto and Chris Pine in their roles as Spock and Kirk in the J.J. Abrams take on Star Trek. Piera swears it's just the photographer and that I shouldn't be angry, and perhaps she's right - they did give us an awful cover of the Twilight cast a few weeks ago (Christ, he's a vampire, he hasn't been attacked by a powder puff!). But I'm concerned. Trek has been near and dear to me for years, and the thought of this movie sucking ass is disconcerting, to say the least.

I don't want this movie to stink. I want to believe that J.J. Abrams is a good man and will treat it with respect. I want to believe that Zachary Quinto will rock as Spock and that Simon Pegg will do Scotty comic justice. I try to ignore the detractors, and forget about Enterprise and Voyager (sorry, folks, couldn't stand either of them). But then I see a magazine cover like this and it brings my fears to the surface. Please, just don't be bad. PLEASE.

Anyone else wondering if Majel Barrett Roddenberry's going to show up in this one somehow? I kind of hope she does.

And on a side note, who's been loving the new path we see Sylar taking on Heroes? The softer side of Sylar, making breakfast and wearing an apron is awesome. Oh, and that whole threat of nuclear meltdown if anything happens to his kid speaks to me as a parent, too. And I think everyone can corroborate that one.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I'm not sold on the Sylar good guy bit.