Sunday, October 12, 2008

Movies...

I have not yet watched The Office, so I will do so immediately and get back to you.

I have, however, completed the semi-annual re-alphabetizing of the DVDs. You know, that fun little time of the season when you hunt down all the DVDs that have migrated to your bedroom, your children's room, and under the couch? And then reintegrate them into your master collection? Please tell me it's not just me.

Regardless, I rediscovered some gems I have to queue up. Once I get through my DVR list. Sometime in 2010. Enjoy:

The Rocky Horror Picture Show - it's been at least a year since I last watched. Let me grab my umbrella.

Vampire Hunter D - next to Akira, one of the best anime movies of my second childhood.

Evolution - David Duchovny, before his 'rehab' issues. And Stacey... it's got Orlando Jones...

Ninth Gate, Sleepy Hollow and Sweeney Todd - they've got Johnny Depp. And that's reason enough.

Let's talk Sanctuary - has anyone else watched yet? My friend Chuck has been following the show on ITV, but I've only seen the first episode that aired on SciFi Channel. So far, I like it; I want to see how the characters develop, particularly the Big Baddie who I swear I've seen before but, according to IMDB, I haven't. It could be very cool or it could tank - but I'm willing to run with it for a little bit and see where they go with this. I'mpraying that this is one of the few series that Sci Fi decides to get behind, ala Battlestar Galatica, rather than some of the painful crap they put up on the air (although you will never hear me diss Savage Planet - freaking Space Bears, people!) like the atrocious Flash Gordon. Which I will be angry about until my dying day. I won't even link it, it irritates me so much.

Let's recap - Space Bears, yea. New Flash Gordon, nay. Fear me, Sci Fi Channel.

3 comments:

Nancy Wetmore-Mathews said...

I've got Sanctuary on the DVR but haven't watched any of it yet.

I haven't seen Vampire Hunter D yet but I'll add it to the queue.

Alphabetizing the dvds, now that's a scary thought;)

Stacey said...

OMG, Evolution... loved it. Totally underrated. Why don't I own that one?

Roe said...

Why don't you own that one, Stacey? Seriously, that movie is hilarious.