Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Iron Man

I'll let someone else cover off on the new Fringe episode last night, which was good. This show is steadilly improving from the Pilot, which was better than average but not mind blowing.

So last night, our happy little Amazon.com package arrived containing the Blu-Ray edition of Iron Man. Most of the time, I don't get all hopped up about the difference between regular and HD movies. I realize that with my background, and obsession with scenery, film, and so on, I should totally get hopped up about it. But, I don't, usually.

People, consider me hopped up.

Iron Man looked amazing. The detail and the effects looked so good, I felt like I was sitting in the rooms with them. I know that's totally cliche, but hey, I don't care. It was... Awesome!

Plus, I really loved the movie, and it holds up on the 3rd viewing. I think I'll be watching this one a lot.

One thing that really amazed me about the effects in this film is that the Iron Man suit actually has Robert Downey Jr.'s personality. It walks like him, it moves like him, it reacts like him. I would think that this is a combination of motion capture and some really talented animators. Kudos to the effects team.

If you haven't seen it, you should. It's a superhero funfest.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Just watched the dvd (saw it twice in the theater,) and still love it despite the fact that we don't have HD. The effects are so good that it took you post to get me thinking about what was CGI and what was real. The special features are above average too. Love it love it love it.