Monday, November 17, 2008

I am... less angry.

I saw the latest Star Trek trailer online at I Watch Stuff and find myself somewhat mollified. The first minute chafes me a bit, but then we get some interesting Spock action, and Simon Pegg's mere presence on the screen makes me smile 'cuz I'm a big nerd like that. We shall see...

Oh, and feedback from the Hubs? "DAMMIT! What happened to March?" Because now, apparently, the movie is opening in May.

I Watch Stuff also has a pic of the new Enterprise, and I'm okay with it. Thank you, JJ, for not pulling a crazy redesign.

In further Trek-related geekdom, Simon Pegg is back with Nick Frost! They're working on a movie called "Paul" where they play two British slackers (surprise!) who visit ComicCon, go on a road trip to Area 51, and find a small alien named Paul, who they help find the way home for. Pegg and Frost wrote the screenplay, the director of Superbad is at the helm, and the exec producer is Edgar Wright, who directed both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. Epic win?

3 comments:

Stacey said...

less angry, still nervous?

Stacey said...

Adam and I agree, you can't go wrong with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.

Roe said...

Very nervous, slightly less angry. Downgraded more to very irritable.