Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Heroes Rewinding Again

Yeah, I know you've all been waiting for my rant about Heroes this week. So here goes.

What was this episode? A platform for one funny Jiffy Pop joke, and some extra Robert Forster time. Oh, and to bring back Eric Roberts.

Yep, pretty much a treading water for no good reason episode.

What's that you say? "Stacey, you're being too harsh." "Stacey, stop trashing the flashback episode, I like to know the past."

Nope, not gonna happen.

Look, some of it was interesting, I liked to see the dynamic between the Petrelli family a little more in depth. I also thought they did do a nice job tying everything together neatly, the train bit was a nice touch. For once the show didn't leave a lot of holes.

But, for the most part, this episode didn't move anything forward. How lovely to see that Sylar, and Claire's real mom could have had very different lives. How nice to see what might have been if Linderman didn't suddenly find a little bit of a heart (or not, because he may have just been trying to screw with Papa Petrelli).

But all of these things happened in the past, and don't point us toward any direction that the show is going to take. We have these multiple future histories that are being pushed in our faces most weeks, and I don't know about you, but I really just want to know where those are going.

The fact that Sylar and Elle met previously did nothing for me. I know I sound like a jerk right now, but please. I know heads are already rolling over at the production company, hopefully the next round of people will right this ship, and give us what we want. Which is resolution, our favorites using/keeping their powers, and less of Claire's lame flame throwing mother...

Take a look at what The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and Fringe are doing. Good, and improving writing!

Okay, done...

3 comments:

Roe said...

No arguments from me, this was a bogus episode. The only thing it did for me was continue to reinforce how awesome Mama Petrelli is, and how much I aspire to her parenting skills. :)

Stacey said...

Yeah, she is pretty badass...

Roe said...

When she said, "I lied... it's not your mother's recipe," Mike turned to me and said, "Oh my GOD, she is YOU."

Notice how she called Nate 'her baby'? Oh yes. I'm totally on the right track.