Thursday, January 22, 2009

Space Time...

Whoa, is it just me, or has there been an inordinate amount of time travel, implied time travel, teleportation, and space time continuum rule breaking going on lately on the small screen?

LOST - the island is jumping around in time. In the span of five minutes, we're told you can't change what's happened, and Faraday turns around and changes Desmond's memories. When the hell is Ben? I really liked the new episode (maybe partially because it was more about characters who were not Jack or Kate). Hurley continues to be one of my favorite characters, and I just love the way they handle his relationship with his parents. That being said, I still don't know what on earth is going on... I can't wait for next week.

Fringe - yet again, I don't know what on earth is going on. But there has been some weird science, and teleportation happening on this show in the last two episodes. It really seems to be picking up some steam.

Battlestar Galactica - one more time, don't know what the frak is going on. Was earth full of Cylons, are we all Cylons, who are the 12 colonies? Arrgh. Was Starbuck time travelling, was she resurrected?? So many questions, but to be honest, I can't figure out a way that Starbuck time traveling makes any sense, it has got to be something else. I think I'm also one of the few people not surprised by the 5th final Cylon reveal. I feel like that made sense since it was hinted at an awful lot. But, the question does keep coming up... why are they aging? Someone explain... maybe more answers tomorrow. Woo hoo!

Anyway, it's nice to have these shows back this week. I'm revelling in my geek TV quantity right now.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

One of my favorite moments in Lost was when Daniel showed up in the Dharma uniform. No clue what's going on, but deliciously eerie. I also loved the look on Hurley's face watching Ben as he turned himself in.

My guess about Starbuck was that she's a hybrid, but I'm not really sure if that makes sense.

Roe said...

I have been giddy with all the geek TV on right now. And yes, Hurley still continues to be the best-written character on Lost.

I like Lauren's idea of Starbuck being a hybrid - the could work...

Stacey said...

What if she's the cylon baby, forward in time? Six and old patchy?