Friday, April 10, 2009

Blade Runner Boxed Set Goodness...

The Hubs gave me an early Easter gift this year - the Blade Runner suitcase box set. Five DVDs of Blade Runner, Harrison Ford-y goodness. Every cut of the film released, plus tons of extras, not to mention a little origami unicorn of my very own, and a little hovercar that makes my kids' Matchbox cars look positively boring in comparison.


I started with the original theatrical release that I know and love best. The movie is still as futuristic-present and gloomy and cyberpunk-y as ever. Watching replicants and Blade Runners collide, I'm reminded that without Blade Runner, we would likely not have had a Terminator. Or even Bishop, from Alien. The movie is ground-breaking in so many ways.
I know it's not much of a review, but I'm just a gushing fangirl.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

oh man, i want to watch it again!